Fleet Safety Team
The Fleet Safety Team manages and administers the South Carolina Fleet Safety Program to ensure the safest possible operation of the state's motor vehicle fleet. To view a copy of the South Carolina Fleet Safety Program click here.
Elements of the fleet safety program include:
- Ensuring that driver safety training (including the specialized van driver's safety course) requirements are met.
- Checking motor vehicle records of current and potential state employees.
- Monitoring and reporting accident data.
Fleet Safety Training
To register for a Driver Training Course, complete one of the following forms and return it to Fleet Safety:
- Registration for classes January - June
- Registration for classes July- December
- Addtional 8 hour class added for October 23, 2018. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
Electronic Devices Policy
- The Department of Administration policy on the use of handheld electronic devices while operating a state motor vehicle can be found below:
Report Misuse of a State Vehicle
- To report misuse or unsafe operation of a state vehicle click here for an online form that you may submit.
If you need to contact someone on the Fleet Safety Team, click here.