Mainframe Hosting - Service Detail
This Admin service includes:
- Management and monitoring of physical security to data center.
- Management and monitoring of the data center environment (e.g., power and cooling).
- Installation of hardware and system software in accordance with best practices and State of South Carolina information technology and security policies.
- Evaluate and/or recommend hardware and software enhancements.
- Hardware and software enhancements to the z/OS LPAR over time.
- Upgrades of service components.
Mainframe Logical Partition (LPAR) Maintenance and Administration
- Administration and maintenance of mainframe LPARs to ensure each is reliable, and is available during the defined target availability hours.
- Utilization of vendor software services for maintaining LPARs at recommended level following standard change management procedures.
- Maintenance of current inventory/asset information and support history for each Admin-owned mainframe and related components.
- Standard capacity and performance analysis reporting capabilities to be used by Admin staff which may be made available to customers.
- Assistance in the provision of diagnostic information to assist with customer application support needs.
Mainframe Support and Monitoring
- 24/7 monitoring, identification and resolution of technical issues for LPARs.
- Incident response based on priority levels.
- Provide diagnostic information to assist with customer mainframe application support needs.
- Ongoing security monitoring and management.
- Security event monitoring, detection and notification.
- Periodic vulnerability scanning and reporting.
- Security compliance audit and reporting.
- Repair or replacement of failing hardware components by IBM service personnel.
- Connectivity (physical and logical) within the data center network.
- Mainframe-based data replication and infrastructure disaster recovery.
A Mainframe Hosting customer might also be interested in this alternate Admin hosting service which is offered separately:
Service Level Objects
Service Level Targets
- Portfolio of IT Services
- Future Services
- Contact Us
- Printed Catalog