Human Resources Professional Development (HRPD)
The program is designed to be completed in its entirety — learning is maximized when cohort groups share information and form a network. In addition, program topics are sequenced and integrated to promote knowledge retention and the connection between HR components.
Program content has been updated to incorporate current issues and is organized into three broad content areas: The HR Big Picture, which includes sessions like Ethics and HR; HR Functions, which includes Employee Relations and other topics; and HR Accountability, which includes HR Metrics. Some of the sessions have been consolidated and a new session, Job Analysis, has been added.
A blended learning approach has been implemented to include online pre-work and application activities where appropriate. In addition, HR agency representatives/subject matter experts will be used to describe real examples of innovative practices.
Program Goals include:
Serving as a succession pool development strategy for state government's HR community
Broadening participants' HR knowledge base and developing leadership potential
Creating a network that shares "best practices" among agencies' HR functions
Challenging participants to think strategically and act as a business partner to support their agencies' respective missions
COST OF HRPD CERTIFICATION (COMPLETED AS A COHORT GROUP) $1,000.00
To inquire about classes, contact us at 803-896-5300 or via e-mail.
- Agency Information
- Applicant Information
- Classification and Compensation System Study Project Report
- Code of Conduct
- Domestic and Workplace Violence Guidelines
- Employee Information
- InfoSec and Privacy Professional Development Program
- Training and Development
- Certified Public Manager Program
- Associate Public Manager (APM)
- Public Professional Development (PPD)
- Human Resources Professional Development (HRPD)
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Advanced Supervisory Practices
- Emotional Intelligence (custom class)
- Myers Briggs Personality Inventory (custom class)
- Harassment Training (custom class)