Emerging Leaders Program
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) assists agencies in recruiting top talent and provides potential employees with a pathway to employment in State Government. This program is designed to attract employees to entry level positions (internships) who are interested in public service careers.
This program includes a required internship and coursework designed to provide participants with an overview of state government, budgeting, procurement and human resources. Required coursework also includes classroom training on organizational behavior, the decision-making process and principles of leadership.
Participants will be given the opportunity to put what they learn into practice through a job experience rotation, in which participants will work within their agency on projects in a variety of functional roles.
Initial recruitment efforts related to ELP will be focused on positions that have been identified as hard to fill. For additional information please call the Division of State Human Resources at 803-896-5300.
- Agency Information
- Applicant Information
- Classification and Compensation System Study Project Report
- Code of Conduct
- Domestic and Workplace Violence Guidelines
- Employee Information
- InfoSec and Privacy Professional Development Program
- Training and Development
- Certified Public Manager Program
- Associate Public Manager (APM)
- Public Professional Development (PPD)
- Human Resources Professional Development (HRPD)
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Advanced Supervisory Practices
- Emotional Intelligence (custom class)
- Myers Briggs Personality Inventory (custom class)
- Harassment Training (custom class)