What is NASASP?
The National Association of State Agencies for Surplus Property (NASASP) cooperates with states that receive Federal Surplus Property in developing, promoting and maintaining standard practices for warehousing, distributing, accounting and transferring available federal property. NASASP also assembles, analyzes, and disseminates information on the effective utilization of such property by eligible entities.
NASASP recognizes the South Carolina Department of Administration's Surplus Property Office as the South Carolina Federal Surplus Property agency. Federal Surplus Property works with other governmental entities in South Carolina to locate, procure and repurpose federal property in order to better serve citizens.
Who is Eligible?
Potential eligible organizations include:
- Public Agencies - State Agencies, Counties, Cities, Indian Tribes, Economic Development Districts, etc.
- Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Libraries and Museums
- Medical Institutions, Hospitals, Clinics, and Health Centers
- Public Safety - Law Enforcement Agencies, and Fire Departments
- Child Care Centers
- Schools for the Physically / Mentally Challenged
- Educational Radio and Television licensed by the Federal Communication Commission
- Providers of Assistance to the Impoverished and Providers of Assistance to the Homeless
- Non-Profit and Public Programs for the Elderly
- SEA's (Service Educational Activities) such as the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and American Red Cross.
- Veterans Organizations as recognized by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs
- Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) contractor firms
Note: Application must be made to the SASP in your state.
Ckick HERE for the South Carolina SASP Application
For more information, contact the South Carolina SASP
Tom Hornsby, Director
South Carolina State Agency
Surplus Property Office
1441 Boston Ave. Phone: 803-896-6880
West Columbia, SC 29170-2194 Fax: 803-896-6899