Vehicle Purchase and Disposal
New Vehicle Acquisition
Always check the State Procurement Office (MMO) website to see which types of vehicles are on state contract. These contracts can be accessed by clicking here.
- Submit the completed following documents to request a vehicle purchase:
- SFM Form SASS-007A (formerly form 6-77)
- Purchase order
- Justification statements and any applicable supporting documentation
- Be sure your agency head or authorized personnel has signed off on documents
- Mail completed purchase package to:
All new vehicles ordered by state agencies except the Department of Transportation, Department of Public Safety, Department of Natural Resources and the Department of Education are delivered to SFM's receiving lot located at:
To Dispose of a Vehicle
To be eligible for disposal, a state vehicle must either be "excess to the needs of the State" or meet the established vehicle replacement criteria.
- Review Vehicle Replacement Criteria to determine if the old vehicle is eligible for disposal.
- Complete Section II of SFM Form SASS-007A (formerly form 6-77),
- And forward to:
- SFM will process your Request To Dispose of a State Vehicle and send approved copies to your agency and to the Surplus Property Office.
- Once you have received this approved SFM Form 6-77, contact the Surplus Property Office to complete the appropriate paperwork and arrange to turn your old vehicle over for sale.
Vehicle Purchase and Disposal Best Practices
- Thoroughly review and complete all applicable fields on the SFM Form 6-77.
- When completing the purchase order enter the vehicle tax amount ($300/unit) as a separate line item.
- Alert SFM of any changes with Transportation Coordinators and contacts within your agency.
- All additional vehicle options (not listed on the Statewide Vehicle Contract bid sheets) must be supported by a statement of justification explaining why the option is required to perform the job function.
Exemption from State Motor Vehicle ID Requirement (SFM Form 1-79)
- Use SFM Form SASS-007B (formerly form 1-79) to apply for exemption from the state vehicle identification requirements.
- Surplus Property Office
- State Fleet Management
- Interagency Mail Services
- Contact Us