Local Area Network (LAN) - Service Detail
This Admin service includes:
1. LAN Support
- Installation and configuration of agency-owned/leased network devices and firewalls.
- Division of network devices and physical firewalls into tiers based on size and complexity. A list of specific devices within each tier is available from Admin.
- Advice for agencies during the procurement process. However, the agency is responsible for determining equipment that will meet agency needs.
- Support of Cisco, Juniper and Palo Alto products. Equipment must be a vendor-supported model (i.e., not end-of-life).
- Provision, hosting, maintenance and refreshing Admin of all virtual firewall infrastructure in the State Data Center. Virtual firewalls are designated as:
- Small virtual firewall — up to three interfaces.
- Medium virtual firewall — four interfaces.
- Large virtual firewall — five or more interfaces.
- Management and monitoring of software tools and technologies associated with local area network and firewall management such as: usage reporting, monitoring, performance analysis and reporting, alert and event management, problem determination, etc. Depending on customer equipment, certain software tools and capabilities may not be available. Admin will inform the agency of such limitations.
Support and Administration
- Monitoring, alerting and providing incident resolution through the DTO Service Desk and technical support staff.
- Support is available at two levels:
- 8/5 Next Business Day (work-week business hours): Admin staff member will be assigned and the customer will be contacted no later than the next business day during normal business hours.
- 24/7 (24 hours a day, seven days a week): Admin provides support on a 24/7 basis.
A LAN customer might also be interested in these Admin services which are offered separately:
Service Level Objectives
Service Level Targets
- Portfolio of IT Services
- Future Services
- Contact Us
- Printed Catalog