MetroNet - Service Notes
- MetroNet services are typically provided to the point of demarcation between Admin’s network and the Customer Premise Equipment (CPE).
- Building must have connectivity and adequate physical infrastructure (e.g., adequate space, power and air) to house network equipment. Limitations in existing fiber or other requirements may limit the service available to a location.
- Cable and wiring projects are not included in the monthly MetroNet service and are provided separately. Admin will provide a cost estimate before beginning work. Agencies will be charged the actual cost to complete the project, including labor, materials, any vendor costs, etc. Vendors are also available to provide cable and wiring projects. See Cable and Wiring.
- Existing infrastructure within the building may impact MetroNet performance at the end-user device.
- Planned maintenance is performed each Sunday between the hours of 6–10 a.m.
- Agencies must submit service requests to Admin in advance, as detailed below:
- Contact Admin at least 30 days prior to new service installations or office moves when existing network infrastructure exists.
- Contact Admin at least 60 days prior to new service installations or office moves when existing network infrastructure does not exist. Longer advanced notice may be needed depending on customer requirements, location, vendor, etc.
- In order for Admin to support requests submitted outside the advance notice requirements, agency head and Chief Information Officer (CIO) approval may be required, and additional funding may be required to cover overtime, vendor fees and other costs.
- Portfolio of IT Services
- Future Services
- Contact Us
- Printed Catalog