Certified Public Manager Program
The South Carolina Certified Public Manager (CPM) Program is a Nationally Accredited management development program for managers and supervisors in South Carolina state government. The program was initially accredited by the National CPM Consortium in 1996 and was reaccredited in 2006, 2011 and 2016.
Philosophically, the South Carolina CPM Program strives to encourage innovative management practices and high ethical standards. The mission of the CPM Program is to provide quality training for public administrators, to assist agencies in developing future leaders, and to recognize management as a profession in the public sector. The CPM Program promotes on-the-job application of learning, gives participants experience in solving agency problems, develops human resources and encourages networking with CPM graduates in other states.
Program Administration and Advisory Committee
Overall administration and curriculum direction of the South Carolina CPM Program is provided by the South Carolina Department of Administration's Division of State Human Resources. The CPM Advisory Committee advises on policy, program content, and agency needs.
- Agency Information
- Applicant Information
- Classification and Compensation System Study Project Report
- Code of Conduct
- Domestic and Workplace Violence Guidelines
- Employee Information
- InfoSec and Privacy Professional Development Program
- Training and Development
- Certified Public Manager Program
- Associate Public Manager (APM)
- Public Professional Development (PPD)
- Human Resources Professional Development (HRPD)
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Advanced Supervisory Practices
- Emotional Intelligence (custom class)
- Myers Briggs Personality Inventory (custom class)
- Harassment Training (custom class)