The Division of General Services was established on July 1, 1964, to provide essential support services for the operation of state government. Today, we provide a broad spectrum of services to state agencies, local governments and the public.
Some of these services include:
Real Property Services
- Centralized real estate services for all State agencies, including management of leases, easements across state-owned property, real property inventory, conveyances of surplus real property, and municipal annexations of state-owned property.
- Building management services to state owned buildings, to include construction planning and management, energy management, custodial services, horticultural services, building safety and energy management, building renovations, and system and mechanical maintenance.
- Operation and management of the State House, Governor's Mansion, Supreme Court, and Capitol Complex office buildings.
- Management and operation of state owned parking lots and facilities in Columbia.
Interagency Mail Services
- Overnight mail and parcel collection and delivery services to 700 locations and agencies across South Carolina.
State Fleet Management
- Management of the State's fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, to include, long-term leasing of vehicles, short-term motor pool rentals, management of the fleet fuel system, driver training and safety services, accident investigations, vehicle maintenance program, and certification of State owned vehicle maintenance facilities.
Surplus Property Office
- Centralized disposal of surplus equipment and property for the State and Federal Governments. All property of the State is required by law to be disposed of by the Surplus Property Office.
Use of the State House and Grounds
The Division of General Services schedules persons, organizations or groups to use the State House and State House grounds for various purposes and events when the use will not interfere with or disrupt governmental functions. Requests to schedule an organized activity at the State House or on State House grounds should be submitted by e-mail to the State House Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A “State House Event Information Form” must be completed and the “Conditions for Use of South Carolina State House and Grounds” read and signed. Upon receipt of your request, the Division of General Services will review and notify you of approval. If you have any questions, please contact the Division of General Services at (803) 737-3880.
Click here for the form - State House Event Information Form & Conditions for Use
Nolan L. Wiggins Jr. - Director
Department of Administration
Division of General Services
1200 Senate Street, Suite 408
Columbia, SC 29201