The Department of Administration (Admin) was established on July 1, 2015 in accordance with the South Carolina Restructuring Act of 2014 (Act 121). As the central administrative agency for South Carolina state government, Admin provides services to state agencies, our fellow state employees, and the citizens of South Carolina.
Admin is comprised of the following components:
- Division of General Services - maintains state-owned property, delivers agency mail, manages the state's vehicle fleet, and disposes of surplus state property.
- Office of Executive Policy and Programs - administers several statutorily assigned programs to assist abused and neglected children, children with emotional and behavioral issues, victims of crime, people with disabilities, veterans, and small and minority-owned businesses.
- Executive Budget Office - develops the annual Executive Budget and provides oversight of the annual state budget for the state.
- Division of Technology - facilitates the delivery of technology, security, and privacy-related services and solutions to governmental entities.
- Division of State Human Resources - provides human resources support to state agencies through consultation and oversight, professional development, and alternative dispute resolution.
- SC Enterprise Information Systems - manages the statewide enterprise accounting system that standardizes the state's financial, human resources, and materials management business processes.
- Office of Administrative Services - provides centralized budget, finance, human resources, and information technology services to the divisions of the Department.
As a service organization, our mission is to provide cost-effective, responsive services and innovative solutions to enable government to meet the needs of the citizens of South Carolina.
Organizational Chart for The South Carolina Department of Administration
Revised August 2016